Learners must wear the correct winter uniform. Learners with wrong uniform will be send to the office and the parents will be informed immediately. Parents will have to bring the correct uniform to school or fetch their child from school to purchase the correct uniform.
After receiving time table from district, the school will be out at 12h00 FROM THE 30TH OF MAY 2018.
Remember that during the exam school will be out at 12h00. All buses will leave directly after the last session which is 12h00.
If your child is making use of taxi or after care transport, please inform them about this arrangement, because no learner can be at school later than 12h15 during exams. These learners will still wait in the waiting area, but it is only until 12h15. We don’t communicate to the own transport, so it stays the responsibility of the parent to inform them.
WAITING AREA (14H00 – 14H20)
As you know we have mentioned in the previous letters about the new waiting area for learners not making use of the bus transport after school. It was completed on Monday 14th of May. We have send out several letters explaining the procedure about the waiting area. No learner will be accommodated after 14h20 in the afternoon. It stays the responsibility of the parent to inform the after care or taxi to pick the child up not later than 14h20 in the afternoon. If the parents are picking up their kids themselves, please make sure you are here on time. The security is not responsible for your child. We do ask that you make the necessary arrangements for when exams start. School will be out at 12h00 and all learners must be picked up not later than 12h15.
Learners must remember the following rules to avoid any problems during an exam session:
- No cellphones with them at all times. (Leave it at home)
- No talking or eating in the exam room.
- Stay seated until all the answer papers are taken in.
- No walking around during an exam session.
- Make sure you go to the toilet before the session starts (Break time)
- Correct winter uniform and all school rules apply during the exam
- No bags, notes or any other books will be allowed in the exam room.
- Only the stationery, NO PENCIL CASE OR BOX on the table during exam.
- Learners need to be on time for every session.
- If learners are writing a second session, they will need to arrange their own transport in the afternoon. (12h00 – 15h00)
- Only non-programmable calculators will be allowed (no cell phones may be used as calculators)
- Write only with a blue pen (complete paper with the same pen you started) No other colour will be pen maybe used. (Only when indicated in the question paper it will be allowed)
- No borrowing of anything will be allowed at all. If you don’t have your own, you will not be able to continue. Make sure you put in extra pens for the exams.
- If a learner is absent, he/she will have to hand in a medical certificate at the register/subject teacher. Parents must report the learners absence early in the morning before the exam starts (7h45)
- Exam times:
07h45 – 08h00 Register08h00 – 08h40 Break time08h45 – 08h55 Seated in exam room09h00 – 11h00 Exam session
SCHOOL CLOSING AND OPENING DATES:
The school will be closing on the 20th of June 2018. All learners are still writing on the 20th of June 2018.
The school will re-open for term 3 on the 17th of July 2018.
REGISTRATION FOR 2019:
All re-registration forms are finalized and there are some parents that did receive a letter about the cancellation of their child’s space. If you didn’t submit your re-registration letter yet, please contact the office to find out if there are still space available.
Grade 7 and grade 9 learners’ parents did receive 2 letters about the re-registration of these to grades for the following year.
Mr. JS Diedericks
CHARLTON VOS COLLEGE