Good day to all parents
- Make sure you put in an extra mask for your child every day.
- Learners need to complete all homework every day.
- Learners must be at school every day. We have a problem with absentees. Gr R – 3 is busy with assessments and learners that are absent then falls behind. Some of the tasks can’t be done later. Please make sure your child is at school. Only when they are really sick take them to the doctor and keep them at home. Inform the class teachers immediately.
- School uniform must be neat and clean. Make sure your child is correctly dressed when coming to school. Silver Cross is selling the uniform.
- Teachers will not answer the phones (calls and messages) during the day. If it is an emergency phone the office and leave a message. Teachers will also not answer any calls or messages after 15h30 in the afternoons.
- Please make the necessary arrangements for transport or after care with your child before you drop them off at school in the morning. Teachers are not responsible for learners if they have to get on another bus in the afternoons.
- Make sure your child has food for break, or money to buy from the tuck shop.
- Your child must have his/her diary at school every day.
- School fees: The management decided that learners will not be given chance until the end of the year if fees are in arrears. From 2022 the following will apply:
- One month in arrears: Letter send to parents to bring fees up to date immediately. Interest will be charged as per contract.
- Second month in arrears: Final warning letter will be sent out. Interest will be charged again. Warning that account will be handed over for collection.
- Third month in arrears: Letter/File will be handed over to attorney and learner’s space will be cancelled.
- Discipline: We have a zero tolerance towards bad behaviour in school and buses. Talk to your child about basic discipline. Also make sure they obey the rules. Talk to them about uniform, hair, etc. All must be according to school rules. Learners know to report any problems to their register teacher immediately before coming to the office. Social media has a very bad influence on our youth. We need to go back to basics and teach them to respect all human beings, take care of each other, to appreciate what we have, be polite and to work hard every day. Nothing comes for free or fall in you lap, hard work pays off.
- Please email the school with any queries or complains. Email address were given in previous letters for the specific HOD or relevant person.
- No cell phones allowed at school – please see rules in the diary.
We are experiencing the following problems on the buses, and parents must also talk to your children about these issues:
- Learners will not be allowed on the bus WITHOUT A MASK. No mask, no bus. If your child is not having a mask on he/she will be left at the pick up point. Please make sure your child has a mask on and an extra one in his/her school bag.
- Some learners are jumping on the seats. Drivers need to concentrate on the road and not on learners misbehaving on the bus. Such learners will be taken off the bus permanently and parents will have to transport them themselves to and from school every day. We do ask that you speak to your child about behaviour on the bus.
- ZERO TOLERANCE for learners misbehaving on the bus.
- Some learners that did misbehave on the bus were taken off the bus already.
PERSONAL HIGIENE / SCHOOL TOILETS:
- We know that this is one of the most important lessons of life, personal hygiene. But we still struggle with learners that is messing in the toilets. They break the soap holders and throw them in the basins. They break the seats of the toilets by standing on it. They throw whole toilet rolls in the toilets and try to flush it.
- We have staff cleaning each bathroom 3x a day and then after school again for the next day. But learners are really not behaving well in the toilets. It is only a few that is really not behaving and we do ask parents to talk to your children about HOW TO USE A BATHROOM AND TO LEAVE IT WHEN YOU ARE DONE. Why must some learners vandalize the school property? The “how to use a bathroom/toilet” is supposed to be common knowledge.
- This is a topic we address at school on a regular basis. All learners need to keep the school premises and toilets neat and clean. It is all of us that uses the toilets every day.
CVC will be having valentine’s day on the Friday, 18th of February. The high school learners will be wearing civvies and have to pay in the amount of R 10,00 with the register teachers. Other arrangements for food will be confirmed. All will happen under supervision of the teachers during school hours.
Primary school already had their Valentine’s Day festivities. It will be a normal school day for Grade R – 7 learners on Friday the 18th of February.
Mr. JS Diedericks