Good day to all parents
Everyone is now settled in and we have started working since day 1 back at school. Learners received their diaries and all the rules and regulations are stipulated in there. Make sure your child knows what is expected from him/her at all times.
School will be out at 12h00 on Friday 28th of January 2022. Please make the necessary arrangements for your child. If your child is using own transport, he/she must be picked up not later than 12h30. After 12h30 there will be no supervision. All our staff will be busy with school related matters.
We have send out sms and whats app to all parents since Monday 24th January regarding the school that will be out on Friday at 12h00.
Just Important info again:
- A newsletter will be posted on the website every Thursday. Make sure you register on the website to get the newsletter every Thursday. We would like to minimize the hard copies. It stays the responsibility of the parent to read the newsletter and stay up to date with all information given.
- Schoolfees: The management decided that learners will not be given chance until the end of the year if fees are in arrears. From 2022 the following will apply:
- One month in arrears: Letter send to parents to bring fees up to date immediately. Interest will be charged as per contract.
- Second month in arrears: Final warning letter will be sent out. Interest will be charged again. Warning that account will be handed over for collection.
- Third month in arrears: Letter/File will be handed over to attorney and learner’s space will be cancelled.
- Learners failing in HIGH SCHOOL: Space is becoming a huge problem. Remember – If your child is in Grade 8, he/she re-register for 2023 for Grade 9, etc. We do not keep space for learners who fail. Please talk to your child and make sure they work hard and pass the year.
- Discipline: We have a zero tolerance towards bad behaviour in school and buses. Talk to your child about basic discipline. Also make sure they obey the rules. Talk to them about uniform, hair, etc. All must be according to school rules.
- School hours: All learners must be at school – 7h40. Bell will ring 7h45 for register period to start. School is out Monday to Thursday at 14h00 and Fridays at 13h00. When the bell rings for school out, learners will not be allowed back on the premises. Make sure you pick your child up directly after school is out. We start with cleaning classes and toilets for the next day and therefore learners will have to remain at the main gate in the waiting area until parents pick them up. Also remember that Security is not aftercare, and they are not there to look after your child after school is out.
- The following dates are very important:
|20 January 2022||Photo day Grade R & 1|
|21 January 2022||Grade 12 Results out|
|24 January 2022||Photo day Grade 2 – 7|
|28 January 2022||Orientation for grade 8 end with a colour run at Ave on Iris|
|28 January 2022||School out at 12h00 today|
|29 January 2022||Junior leader training Ave on Iris – 8h00 – 16h00|
|31 January 2022||Photo day Grade 8 – 12|
|17 March 2022||School closes for first term|
|5 April 2022||School re-opens for Term 2|
|15 April 2022||PUBLIC HOLIDAY – Good Friday|
|18 April 2022||PUBLIC HOLIDAY – Family day|
|19 April 2022||Normal school day|
|27 April 2022||PUBLIC HOLIDAY – Freedom day|
|28 April 2022||School Holiday CVC|
|29 April 2022||School Holiday CVC|
|2 May 2022||PUBLIC HOLIDAY – Workers Day|
|3 May 2022||Normal school day|
Other important dates will be given through in the weekly letter.
- Queries: Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any school related queries. Class info will be handled by class teacher. You can send a mail to the HOD of the phase using the following email addresses:
|Grade 1 – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Grade 4 – email@example.com|
|Grade 8 – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Grade 10 – email@example.com|
- General: We do ask that you are also considerate and not phone or message a teacher after 15h30 in the afternoons.
- Please don’t call/message teachers in school hours, they are not allowed to be on their phones.
- We know there are some classes in Grade 10 with too many learners. We are busy to sort out the problem in the best possible manner. We have divided these learners into smaller groups. This problem is now sorted out.
- The bus that had too many learners in, had also been divided and those learners were put on bus nr 34. Problem was solved all learners received a letter concerning this issue.
Mr. JS Diedericks