Charlton Vos College of Education is an independent school registered at the Department of Education
Charlton Vos College of Education is an independent school registered at the Department of Education. Registration number 8241795
Situated in a safe and tranquil environment, the school is based on Christian Principals. Dedicated and skilled educators commit themselves to offer an exceptional standard of Education to ensure that learners strive to the best of their abilities and beyond. Our educators are committed to educating our students to become responsible and successful members of the society. Meaningful education does not only focus on academic achievements, but also nurtures the unique potential of each young adult on his or her life path..
CODE OF CONDUCT
As scholars of Charlton Vos College, the following is of utmost importance to us.
- We strive to uphold Christian values, as is symbolised in our school badge and motto.
- We pledge out loyalty to our land and our people, and honour our national anthem and flag as our symbols of our citizenship.
- The spoken language is precious, and therefore pure and clean speech held in the highest esteem.
- We endeavour to uphold the basic values of civilized mankind, such as honesty, trustworthiness, friendliness, punctuality and above all – self-control and to live it completely.
- We strive to promote and project sincere relations between scholars and staff, as well as between different languages and cultural groups in our land.
- We accept the constructive discipline, which springs from healthy values, and lead to self-discipline and character building in young people.
- We endorse the development and practice of leadership in our school, and realise that without leaders who bear vision, our school will have no precise course.
- We show, to our superiors, the respect and esteem that they deserve and through example, show to our peers, that they can find us trustworthy and that what we say, we are.
- As proud boys, it is an honour to show the highest respect towards the girls and ladies in our school and our land. As proud girls, we undertake to conduct ourselves in the best way, so that boys and will respect and honour us spontaneously.
- Due to our high standards of values, our main purpose is not yield to negative peer pressure.
- We undertake to uphold our school work, school attendance and concern of our school, which are great importance and use our free time constructively.
- In practice of sports and culture, our aspiration is: Charlton Vos College first. This aspiration however, remains binding to rules of the game and good sportsmanship.
- “To server the Lord, that is wisdom, to shun evil, that is insight” – Job 28:28
- Charlton Vos College encourages RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, INTERGRITY, LOYALTY, FAITH, DILIGENCE and HONESTY
OUR SCHOOL ANTHEM
From the strength of our beautiful country
Came the strength of our nation so wide
Serve your nearest from the North West to the mountain
Have faith, work together, trust make things better
Charlton Vos College work side by side
Serve and Succeed will always be our motto
Let’s light our lamp of joy;
And spread our love
We honour Charlton Vos through sports and culture
We learn, we play, we sing
We praise our mighty God